**Gaga Workshop at Opificio** / Matan David
March 18th-19th-20th 2020
Everyday classes from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
• from 1:00 – 2:15 Gaga/dancers
• short break from 2:15pm – 2:30pm
• from 2:30pm – 4:00pm Ohad Naharin repertoire sessions
• FULL PACK: € 250,00 (fee included)
• EARLY BIRD – FULL PACK: € 230,00 (fee included) until 31 January 2020
– Workshop is open to advanced students and professional dancers ages 18+
– Partecipation to the workshop is possible only applying to the following form:
– Once we received your application, we’ll send you a confirmation email; only after it it will be possible to pay by bank transfert within 5 days.
It’s also possible to pay in cash coming to:
OPIFICIO – Via Arrigo Davila 47/b – Roma
From Monday to Friday (9:30am to 9:30pm)
– It’s not possible to refund the workshop once you’ve payed of it.
– Workshop needs to be followed entirely, for its process and structure.
– We start on time! So please try be come a little bit before the beginning of the classes. If you’ll be on late please ask to the reception before if it’s still possible to join the class.
– Insurance is included in the fee for all 2020.
– All participants can attend the professional ballet class for 3€, from 11:30am to 1:00pm
– If you have any kind of question, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaga is the movement language developed by Ohad Naharin throughout many years, parallel to his work as a choreographer and artistic director (1990-2018) of Batsheva Dance Company. Gaga originated from Naharin’s need to communicate with his dancers and his curiosity in the ongoing research of movement.
Gaga classes are predicated on a deep listening to the body and to physical sensations. The instructions are deployed to increase awareness of and further amplify sensation, and rather than turning from one prompt to another, information is layered, building into a multisensory, physically challenging experience. While many instructions are imbued with rich imagery, the research of Gaga is fundamentally physical, insisting on a specific process of embodiment. Inside this shared research, the improvisational nature of the exploration enables each participant’s deeply personal connection with Gaga.
Gaga provides a framework for discovering and strengthening the body and adding flexibility, stamina, agility, and skills including coordination and efficiency while stimulating the senses and imagination. The classes offer a workout that investigates form, speed, and effort while traversing additional spectrums such as those between soft and thick textures, delicacy and explosive power, and understatement and exaggeration. Participants awaken numb areas, increase their awareness of habits, and improve their efficiency of movement inside multilayered tasks, and they are encouraged to connect to pleasure inside moments of effort. The language of Gaga is in a continual process of evolution, and the classes vary and develop accordingly.
**Gaga / dancers**
Gaga/dancers, which is the daily training of Batsheva Dance Company members, is now also taught for other dancers across the globe. Gaga/dancers classes are open to professional dancers or advanced dance students ages 16+.
These classes last for an hour and fifteen minutes and are taught by dancers who have worked closely with Ohad Naharin.
Gaga/dancers classes are built on the same principles as Gaga/people classes but also employ the specific vocabulary and skills that are part and parcel of a dancer’s knowledge.